The Aims and Objectives of The Torbay Governors’ Association are:
- To create opportunities for collaboration between schools in Torbay in response to local educational need.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, the sharing of good practice and mutual support for Torbay governors.
- To give support for the continued provision of local and accountable services to schools in order to maintain the quality and equality of educational opportunity in Torbay.
- To make representations to central government and other relevant authorities on matters of common concern.
- To develop participation with any national association for governing bodies.
- To promote links with the Devon, Plymouth and Cornwall Association of Governing Bodies to the benefit of education throughout the region.
- The Association will be independent and non political.
Torbay Governors’ Association is a member of the National Governors’ Association
Membership of TGA is open to ALL Torbay schools. It is dependent upon the affirmative decision of the school governing body and payment of the membership subscription.
We have regular contact with Devon and Plymouth Associations of Governors and hopefully, Cornwall in the near future.